Webbs

Webbs

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Many months have passed....

Hi all!
Sorry the inability of being able to post properly got the better of me.
I'm going to give it another go. For my own sanity and hopefully keeping in contact with my only friends in the world right now.
Let's get right to business.
In the passing months I have imagined everything, done some things and mostly nothing has changed except really interesting opportunities without it leading to anything.
We have been poor, and falling through the cracks, then finally we got a little help from the government, and Judson got a part time job where he has to live elsewhere for 5 days and home 10 days. Not so convenient but since we have spent every waking hour together for at least a year it hasn't been devastating. The girls have gotten friends, her best friend is the daughter of one of my classmates and good friend from jr high. It's so bizzare to me to have my kids play with kids of my friends, but they all think it's normal because this happens to them all the time, whereas I have been on the other side of the earth missing that whole connection thing.
The girls have been attending Mulle and Knytte which are kid classes to learn about nature and how to take care of it. Might have been the one big reason I wanted to be here this fall, so Zuni wouldn't miss this. And it was as great as I had remembered it as a kid.
Given that we have no idea what's next ....STILL.
We have decided to try and find somewhere that we like to live and create our work from there.
(BTW we have found out that the best way for us to do theatre here is to do shows for schools and theatres and tour it all over, but do it ourselves since we don't know anyone, and this we can do anywhere)
So we have taken to traveling to villages and towns and kind of interviewing it.
The girls give their feed back and as we have done this I'm finding what and how I decide if I like a city.
Here are my criteria and questions I ask myself:
1. Do feel happy here?
2. How far from a Montessori School
3. Are there kids (kids toys in yards) close enough for the kids to run outside to play with?
4. Is it beautiful?
5. In case of house looking is it big, does it have a beautiful yard, does it have possible Theatre studio?
6. How far to AA/Alanon meetings
7. How far to a big city (for dancing and shopping)
8. What is the library like.
9. Cafe?
10. What are the childrens activities like
11. What's the swimming pool/s like?

Does it sound like I want to live on an old Swedish farm with renovations done to make all modern inside with a studio out back and big yard, close enough to one of the big cities that we can drive Zuni to Montessori school, and go to AA, and have a buddhist community and live off our theatre work, but in a neighborhood that is full of kids that she can run out and play with, but still not too far away from my parents so that they can help? Oh and this city exists but it's not near my parents and it barely has a snowy winter........
Is it too much to ask?
Well we keep looking and meanwhile we keep getting dragged down to a area that is nearby but neither Judson and I are feeling a pull too. But my only friend in Sweden lives there and Judson got a part time job with her husband. And this morning this woman calls me out of the blue and wants me to take her place to run her theatre including childrens and adult theatre as well as mentally and physically handicapped theatre and any project I can think up in my little head, for a year. And I'd get paid way more than I ever have, which is considered a low pay:)
Amazing and I'm finally getting friends here and so are the kids:(
Oh well off I go for an interview paid by the unemployment agency tomorrow. (I'll bring my criteria)

I'll also start posting photos from the passed few months to try and fill you in.

The hardest thing for me has been not to have the support of you my lovely friends and mammas.
And I want to keep in contact so I'm breaking the barrier I've had with hate for all IT related things such as building a blog... for YOU!!!

Well it's harder than you

1 comment:

  1. Oh and Gratefully Zuni wanted to be Pippi again this year:) But Tilda wanted to be Pippis horse:( Luckily my mom came to the rescue and helped me a little.

    ReplyDelete